Saturday, July 5, 2008

Two-faced

By Jake

I'm getting on a fairly full bus so I'm looking for a seat to share. Toward the back is sitting a man who is turned taking to the two women behind him so all I can see is the right side of his head. He's probably in his 30s, conservatively dressed, with average-length hair and clean-shaven.  I sit down next to him and stick my nose in a book. 

After a bit I look up to peek out the window and notice I'm sitting next to a man in his 30s, conservatively dressed, who has a shaved head and a full beard. He is now looking forward and all I can see is the left side of his head.

For the next five minutes I'm trying to nonchalantly get a look at him to confirm that he has indeed shaved the left side of his head and the right side of his face. I think he knew.




No comments: