Friday, September 5, 2008

Riddle of the roof

By Jim

Waiting for the microwave to char my pitiful leftovers, I stroll to the second-floor window of our company cafeteria and gaze down on the street, hoping to spy that transcendent transit talisman, the Mighty 6. No sighting. But before the dinner dinger goes off, the No. 58 rolls by.

On its roof is an advertisement: "KXL 750 AM -- We're On It."

On the ROOF of the bus! Huh? I wonder how much that advertising costs. I wonder who sees it. I think about a bus on its side in a ditch, with diesel fuel pooling around it, a sparking engine, and flames illuminating that radio station ad, now in the lots-of-eyeballs, Our-Top-Story-Tonight position.

Why would you put an advertisement on top of a bus? I'll be thinking about that on my ride home tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you saw it, didn't you?